Four white walls and free reign to paint whatever I wanted.
That sounded like fun!
Dark blue at the bottom and shades of blue moving up the wall...
There are just some "ugly" points in the progress in getting to where I hoped to end up.
This is one of them.
Here is where I hope the idea in my head will happen...
The paint on the bottom was refusing to dry so I could not finish this just yet.
Large portions of the wall would make good paintings on their own.
Red loopy lines every where!
Repainted the red loopy lines from last week and started the stripes.
Now I was feeling better.
I was smiling now!
Am I crazy?
I really liked it before and now, and now...
Stripes on stripes!
Oh, this will be great for the baby's room!
Think of all that visual stimulation!
Layers on layers on layers and stripes on stripes.
This room is bound to make any baby happy!
Leave the door open, and joy will spill out to the rest of the house.
I told everybody that painting that chair was so much work, that I would never do that again. It was a good experience - but too much work.
So, what did I do?
I bought a SOFA at a garage sale to paint.
I really really really debated about buying it.
The lines are simple and clean and the material is like denim, which is just about like canvas.
I bought it and now I have to paint it.
I put it on the porch to paint it.
Quickly realized it needed to be up higher or my back was gonna do me in...
I started blending colors onto the uh, canvas...
Realized the porch was too cold and too narrow to work on this - brought it in and put it on my work table.
More blending of colors.
It was looking too boring so I spiffed it up.
This was getting better. Then I thought that I would put in big blocks of white to counter balance the similar sized patches of blue and green.
Now it looks like a flock of birds pooped all over it!
Big birds too!
I will start over.
A fresh base for a new painting/sofa.
I am not so good at photoshop - but in order to not paint this whole sofa AGAIN, I wanted to get an idea of colors and shapes to see what I would like.
Or something like this....
I painted the top edge lime green and the back and sides, I painted shades of orange from dark to lighter at the top.
Oh my gosh!
Two coats of primer white on each pillow. Two sides to each pillow and cushion. This is getting to be a big big BIG project.
A leap of faith on
making these lines.
Looks like a bar code couch here.
I am liking this part here!
Trying to imagine orange pillows.
I was painting a background on a canvas and at my stopping point, I stepped back and said to myself,
"Hey! That looks like a face!"
I had been thinking of trying to paint faces for a while and this happy accident told me to give it a go.
It showed me that even though it is not a "portrait" it still can look face-like.
So, I decided to give it a go.
Here is the first try.
( I have already painted it over)
I like that the mouth extends beyond the face.
I took that second painting and played with it in a "superimpose" app on my iPhone and really liked the look of the stripes behind the face.
So I thought I would try to paint that.
Face #3 over striped background.
Face # 4.
Trying to figure out how to "block" the sections of a face together. Cool unintended effect - looks like two faces...
Faces # 5 & 6.
Had two scraps of canvas and still thinking about those stripes under the faces.
Remember face #2?
This is the do-over face#2 and is my face painting #7.
I don't like it at all and will do-it-over again.
This may well be a cursed piece of canvas. (sometimes that happens..)
I really like this one, but for some odd reason it looks like Jesus - and not just to me - a couple of friends thought the same thing.
Now, if you knew me, you would find that very, (VERY) amusing.
This was a brief tour of how my process and progress proceeds when I am painting.
I bought some more old vinyl flooring from my local Habitat for Humanity ReStore and I have had a blast making floor cloths out of the old vinyl.
I turn the vinyl over and paint the backside.
I was reading on the internet tubes about people painting on vinyl flooring.
I thought to myself, "Hey! I could do that!"
So I went to my local Habitat For Humanity Re-store Store and got some vinyl.
I painted an orange background on the vinyl.
As soon as it dries, I will paint several clear sealant coats on it and it will be ready for stepping on!
Six coats of clear sealant and.....
this art is made for walkin'